Steps To Follow When You Connect a Wireless Printer to A Laptop with Windows 10
Wireless printers are getting popular day by day as you can print any document from where you are. There is no need to take your laptop to the printer and connect them with the help of cables every time you need to print anything. But, most people face several issues and receive multiple errors when they connect a wireless printer to a laptop. If you’re someone who is facing the same issue and need the solution on how to add a printer to a laptop, you can take a look at the steps mentioned below:
First, you have to connect the printer to the Wi-Fi connection. Follow these steps:
- Switch on the Wi-Fi router, your laptop, and the printer.
- Look for the wireless setup setting on your printer and that you can find in the control panel section.
- From the list choose the wireless SSID of your Wi-Fi network.
- Enter the password, it is the same password that you use when you connect any device to the Wi-Fi.
- Wait for the wireless light on the printer to turn on as it confirms that your printer is connected to the Wi-Fi connection.
Let’s move further to your confusion on how to add a wireless printer to a laptop. So, once you connect your printer to the Wi-Fi connection, connect the wireless printer to the laptop.
- First of all, make sure that the printer is on.
- Open the search box of windows and type “printer”.
- You’ll see that the option “Printers and Scanners” will appear on the top.
- Open it and you’ll the option “Add a printer or scanner”
- As you click it, windows will begin the search and all of the connected devices will appear as a list.
- Select your printer from the list by clicking on the “add device” option.
- Then windows will look for any necessary drivers that you may have to install to use the printer.
- You may get a notification from windows to install additional software. In that case, select “Get app” and install the required software from the store.
- After the setup is finished, you can check if the printer is printing any documents from your laptop or not.
- If the printer fails to do, go back to the “Printers and Scanners” option and select “add a printer or scanner” again.
- Select “The printer that I want isn’t listed”.
- From the “Add printer” option, select “Add a Bluetooth, wireless or network discoverable printer” and choose “Next”.
- From the list select your printer and you’re done.
If you’re facing any issues regarding a printer setup or installation, get into touch with us right now. We at “Printer IT Help” provide reliable solutions to the ones wondering about how to add a wireless printer to a laptop or if they’re facing any other issues. Our services are affordable, time-efficient, and effective, which makes us better than our competitors.