How to Connect Canon Pixma Printer to Laptop using WiFi?
Having a good-quality printer is indispensable these days, especially in the offices. Enterprises need to cope with a metric ton of documents on a daily basis, and soft copies are not always efficacious all the time. Therefore, they have to rely on hard copies. Printers help us get necessary documents, images, and other writing printed at ease. Earlier, we didn’t have many options, so we had to rely on slow printers with inferior printing quality, but those days have gone by. Thanks to the technology, now we have advanced printers like Canon Pixma and more.
If you have also bought a Canon Pixma printer but don’ know how to connect it to WiFi or laptop, then you don’t need to get in a fluster anymore. You have arrived at the right place. This write-up will help you connect your Canon Pixma printer to your laptop. So let’s cut to the chase without further talking.
WPS CONNECTION – Method 1
Routers or hubs usually boast an automatic connection button written WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup). It let’s permitted devices connect to the network without even the need of entering a password. You can use this method to connect your PIXMA printer to WiFi, but you must meet certain conditions to use this method, such as the access must include a physical WPS button, the network must use either WPA or WPA2 security protocol. Now, follow the following steps in order to establish a connection:
- Turn on your printer
- Press and hold the WiFi button until the orange light flashes once
- Press the WPS button as soon as the WiFi button starts to flash blue
Keep in mind that when green and blue lamps stop flashing and remain lit, it is an indication that your printer has successfully connected.
How to Connect Canon PIXMA Printer to a Laptop (Standard Method) – Method 2
Connecting the Canon Pixma printer to a laptop is pretty straightforward; insert the CD in your laptop that you got with your printer and click on Run the Setup. Sometimes, Setup CD-Rom doesn’t run automatically. In this situation, you will have to reinsert the CD-ROM into your system and open This PC or MY Computer. Now, open the CD-ROM and double-click MSETUP.EXE.
In case you also lost the CD, don’t worry. You can download software and manuals from the internet and execute the setup to connect your printer to your laptop.
USE PRINTER VIA WLAN – Method 3
- Choose wireless LAN connection and click Next
- Make sure that the green power lamp is on before clicking Next
- Now the system will search if any printer is already connected and then you will have to click Next
- The installation will begin; after this, click Next
- Now click on Cableless Setup
- Now hold down the WiFi button on your printer until the orange light flashes twice
Now you’ll see a few pop-ups on which you will have to click and after that, you will be good to go
How to Connect Canon Pixma Printer to Laptop Using A USB Cable – Method 4
- Switch your canon printer off.
- Now you need a USB cable and connect its square end to your printer.
- Connect the other end with your laptop.
- Once that’s done, boot your laptop or computer.
- Now go to the settings and click on “Devices”.
- Go to “Printers and Scanners”.
- Click on the plus “+” icon appearing on the screen.
- That’s all. Now just follow the on-screen instructions to connect your canon Pixma printer.
With that being said, these were the three methods allowing you to connect your Canon pixma printer to WiFi. In case you would like to connect your canon pixma printer to WiFi, refer to the following steps.
Connecting Your Canon Pixma Printer to WiFi
Before we begin with the process, you need to ensure that both your Canon Pixma printer and laptop are switched on. First of all, press the home button of your printer by heading towards the control panel of your printer.
- After that select the option of WLAN setup. To do that, use the up and down keys.
- Now go to the functional button, which should be appearing on the left side of the control panel.
- Once the connection is established, the WiFi light on your printer will begin blinking.
- And now your printer will start looking for the access points available nearby.
- Now for a few seconds, you have to press and hold the button of stop and reset for a short time.
- Next, choose the standard setup and then press “Ok”.
- Your Canon Pixma printer will now start searching for the devices close to it.
- Now with the help of arrow keys, you will have to choose the access points.
- In case your printer is unable to find the network, press the left function button.
- Once it’s done, you have to type in the network key of your WiFi and press done.
- And there you are. That’s it. Now to finish up the process of connecting your canon Pixma printer to WiFi, press the left function key on the control panel.
In case, you still can’t connect your printer to WiFi or laptop, then there is barely any option better than reaching out to experts.
Cannon Printer Support Articles
- How Do I Connect My Canon Wireless Printer?How Do I Connect My Canon Wireless Printer? Printers are one of the essential devices these days but using them might not be straightforward for everyone. It’s true that older…
- How to Connect Canon MX490 Printer to Wi-Fi?How to Connect Canon MX490 Printer to Wi-Fi? Printers have become widely popular in recent times, and their popularity is consistently growing. This is partly due to the large-scale uses…
- Connect Canon PIXMA Printer to LaptopHow to Connect Canon PIXMA Printer to Laptop? Having a good-quality printer is indispensable these days, especially in the offices. Enterprises need to cope with a metric ton of documents…
- Connect Canon Printer to ChromebookHow to Connect a Canon Printer to a Chromebook? Gone are the days when we had to rely on limited printing options that neither had the ability to produce quality…
- Canon Printer Showing Offline in Windows 10Why does my canon printer say offline in Windows 10? Canon printers are one of the most common printers we see in most of the educational as well as corporate…
- Connect Canon TS3122 Printer to WiFiHow to Connect Canon TS3122 Printer to Laptop or Computer using WiFi? Canon TS3122 is one of the best creations of the best Canon, which is an all-in-one multifunction inkjet…
- Connect My Canon Wireless PrinterHow Do I Connect My Canon Wireless Printer & Fix Related Issues? Canon printers are among the top mentions when someone searches for the best printers. Their unmatched durability and…
- Connect Canon Pixma Printer to WiFiHow to Connect Canon Pixma Printer to Laptop using WiFi? Having a good-quality printer is indispensable these days, especially in the offices. Enterprises need to cope with a metric ton…
- Connect Canon Printer to Computer, Phone or WiFiHow to Connect Canon Printer to Computer, Phone or WiFi Connecting a canon printer to a laptop is not a difficult task to accomplish. All you need to do is…
- How to Connect Your Canon Printer to WiFi?Connect Your Canon Printer to WiFi – Covering All Major Canon Models Connecting a canon printer to WiFi has always been a task for people who are new to these…