How to Connect Your Canon Printer to Laptop?
Canon printers are among the favorites when it comes to print documents in an office or high-quality photos for a project. Whether the printer is wireless or wired, you can face some issues while installing it or while connecting it to the Wi-Fi. If you’ve been looking for ways to connect your HP printer to a laptop, reading this article further can help you.
How to connect a Canon printer to an HP laptop
- The first thing you need to do is installing your Canon printer on your laptop and you can follow these steps:
- Make sure that the printer is off and plug one end of the USB cable into the printer and the other end into the laptop.
- Insert the Canon printer’s installation CD to get on with the installation process.
- If the CD runs effortlessly, you just have to follow the steps that appear on the screen.
- If the CD doesn’t run, open the CD’s folder to see the content, and double click on “Setup.exe”.
- When the Printer Connection screen appears, switch the printer on.
How to connect a Canon printer to a laptop with a USB cable
- Turn off the printer and use the USB cable to connect your laptop and printer.
- Once the cable is connected, switch on the printer.
- Now, from the Control Panel, open “Hardware and Sound”.
- From the list, select “Devices & Printer”, open it, and choose “Add a Printer”.
- You’ll see “Local Printer” there, double click on it, and choose the correct printer port.
- Locate the ‘Canon’ printer option in the driver window and name the printer.
- Select “Next”, decide on if you want to share the printer with other devices, and set up your printer as a Default.
How to connect a Canon printer to a laptop wirelessly?
- To connect your printer wirelessly, you can use a WPS setup or Wi-Fi-protected setup but make sure that your printer model is equipped with that facility. It is one of the easiest methods to connect your laptop to a Wi-Fi connection but the conditions are the access point must have a physical WPS push button and the connection must be protected with a WPA security protocol.
- Turn the printer on. Press and hold the Wi-Fi button until you see the lights blinking.
- You’ll observe a blue light blinking right next to the WiFi button.
- As soon as you notice this, go to the access point and press the WPS button.
- The lights will stop blinking when the connection is established between your laptop and printer.
That’s it. We at “Printer IT Help” offer reliable solutions to all those bothersome problems pertaining to your printers. If you’re facing difficulty in installing a printer, adding to a Wi-Fi connection, or need help with its driver update, we offer quick and cost-effective solutions at your disposal. Get in touch.
Related Posts and Content
- Canon Printer Showing Offline in Windows 10Why does my canon printer say offline in Windows 10? Canon printers are one of the most common printers we see in most of the educational as well as corporate…
- Connect Canon TS3122 Printer to WiFiHow to Connect Canon TS3122 Printer to Laptop or Computer using WiFi? Canon TS3122 is one of the best creations of the best Canon, which is an all-in-one multifunction inkjet…
- Connect My Canon Wireless PrinterHow Do I Connect My Canon Wireless Printer & Fix Related Issues? Canon printers are among the top mentions when someone searches for the best printers. Their unmatched durability and…
- Connect Canon Pixma Printer to Laptop using WiFiHow To Connect Canon Pixma Printer to Laptop using WiFi Not only Canon Pixma printers but connecting the printer of any company can be a pretty perplexing process, especially when…
- Connect Canon Printer to Computer, Phone or WiFiHow to Connect Canon Printer to Computer, Phone or WiFi Connecting a canon printer to a laptop is not a difficult task to accomplish. All you need to do is…
- How to Connect Your Canon Printer to WiFi?Connect Your Canon Printer to WiFi – Covering All Major Canon Models Connecting a canon printer to WiFi has always been a task for people who are new to these…
- Connect Canon Printer to LaptopHow to Connect Your Canon Printer to Laptop? Canon printers are among the favorites when it comes to print documents in an office or high-quality photos for a project. Whether…
- How Do You Connect a Canon Printer to Wi-Fi?How Do You Connect a Canon Printer to Wi-Fi? How Do You Connect a Canon Printer to Wi-Fi?Wireless printers offer better usage options than wired printers but several people find…
- Connect Canon Printer to LaptopHow Do I Connect My Canon Printer to My Laptop? Printers nowadays have become a vital part of every workspace. From inscribing, reprinting, and Xeroxing, everything is just a few…
- How to Add Your Canon Printer to IMAC?A Step-by-Step Guide to Add Your Canon Printer to IMAC The thought of setting up a printer can feel intimidating at times. But, once you are able to understand the…