How to connect printer with computer devices?
Through innovation in technology, the world has come so far. Today, there are plenty of printers that have wifi, which means that you can easily print anything without needing wires from your laptop, desktop, tablet or smartphone.
Before you can start printing anything on your printer, it’s important to understand how to connect hp printer to computer or laptop. You must connect the printer to your home network, for which you only need a wireless router. You can easily understand how to add wireless printer to laptop but won’t be able to do it if you don’t do the first step properly.
Connect to a Wireless Network
Printers having colour screens display step-by-step instructions for setting up wireless connections when you first start the printer. You can easily follow them, and even though the screen is small, you won’t feel overwhelmed by the information displayed on the screen.
You can follow the wireless setup wizard within wireless settings or the networking option that is available in the printer’s settings. There is more than one way that you can use to connect your printer with a wireless network, and you may be offered different options for setting the connection up.
Setting up the connection with the computer device
After you have successfully connected your printer with a wireless network, now you need to know how to add a printer to your computer or laptop. Follow the steps given below:
- Click on the start button of your windows device and then go to the Control Panel.
- You would see the option of Devices and printers in the control panel; click on that.
- Click on add a printer to proceed further.
- When you open the Add printer wizard, Click Add a network, wireless or Bluetooth printer.
- You would be able to see the name of your printer popping up, which you need to click and your printer.
There might be an issue in connecting the printer, which would result in the name of the printer not showing up. You need to add the printer in a case like this manually. To manually set up your printer:
- You have to select the option ‘The printer that I want isn’t listed’ when your printer’s name doesn’t show up.
- The printer wizard would then walk you through the instructions to set it up manually. You need to follow those instructions, and you will be good to go.
You can try to print a page to check if it works correctly. Check the instructions in the printer manual for setting up the ink cartridge and the printer in a proper manner.
If you are facing any problem regarding the printer and still wondering how to add a printer to laptop or computer, we at ‘Printer IT help’ help you. Our team of experts have all the knowledge required to remove any defect or problem pertaining to your printer. So, give us a call today, and let us help you figure out your problems with our easy-peasy straight forward solutions.