Three Effective Methods to Use If Your Canon Printer Goes Offline
Canon is a renowned printer manufacturer that is popular for its top-graded and durable printers. But, just like any other piece of hardware, Canon printers also have some bugs and errors. One of the common ones is the one in which your Canon printer appears offline. There can be a plethora of reasons behind this error but you can find out the right solution as well. With that being said, let’s take a look at the three most effective methods that are considered best to fix this error.
Method 1: Checking the Printer’s Connectivity
The most common reason that is responsible for the offline printer error is the connectivity issue. So, it is suggested that you must run a few checks before touching anything else. You can take these steps:
- First of all, you need to check the USB cables and make sure you see no twisted or loose cables.
- If that seems fine, check the cable connecting your Canon printer to the router.
- Make sure that your printer and the PC are connected to the same Wi-Fi connection.
Method 2: Restart The Printer Spooler Service
If your Canon Pixma printer says offline, you can try restarting the printer spooler service by following these steps:
- If you’re using Windows 10, type “Services” in the search box and open it.
- From the list of options, you’ll see “Print Spooler”.
- Right-click on the option and press the “Restart” button.
- If you see that the “restart” option is now grayed, right-click on the “Start” tab.
- Right-click on the same and choose “properties”.
- From there, you’ll see the “Start-Up type”, and you just have to turn it to “Automatic”.
- Click OK to save the settings, restart the PC, and check if the printer is back online or not.
Method 3: Uncheck The “Use Printer offline” Option
To disable offline printer usage, follow these steps:
- Open the “Control Panel” and from there “Devices and Printers”.
- You’ll see the connected printer in the Printers section, right-click on it to open the set of options.
- From the options that appear, choose the “See what’s printing” option.
- Tap on the printer and check if the option “use the printer offline” is unchecked or not.
- If you see that the op[tion has a check sign in front of it, uncheck it.
- Click on the “printer” again and then click “Cancel All Documents”.
- Try giving a print command to see if the printer is fine or not.
If you find that your Canon printer is offline but connected, you can seek help from the methods mentioned above. Some other methods related to the same are available on https://printerithelp.com/canon-printer-showing-offline-in-windows-10. If you need help in solving any major or minor printer issue call “Printer IT Help”. We are a team of experts that uses our expertise to find out the solution to any complicated problem that is related to the printer operation.
Related Articles for Canon Printer Support
- How to Connect a Canon Printer to a LaptopPrinters are used in homes, offices, and schools as printing is a necessary task there. So, after buying a Canon printer or any other printer, you think about the ways to connect it to your…
- What to Do If Your Canon Printer Won’t Connect to the Wi-FiPrinters are very useful machines but just like every machine out there, they often cause problems. Wireless printers definitely make your printing tasks easier but connecting them to the Wi-Fi is not an easy task….
- Why your Canon Printer is Not Printing ProperlyCanon printers are known for their splendid print qualities and the fact that they are very durable. As printers are also technical devices, you’re most likely to face major and minor issues while using them….
- How to Connect a Canon Printer to ComputerCanon is one of the best printer manufacturers in the world and is considered the best for photo printing. Buying a Canon printer means you’re getting a cost-effective option to get top-quality photo prints as…
- How to Set Up Your Canon PrinterSo, you’ve just bought a new printer and can’t seem to find the perfect way to connect it to your computer or laptop? This is a common situation faced by many printer users and most…
- Out Prints From a Chromebook using Canon PrinterHow to Use Your Canon Printer to Take Out Prints From a Chromebook Gone are the times when you were only able to take out prints from a laptop or PC. Now, you can get…
- Effective Methods when Your Canon Printer Goes OfflineThree Effective Methods to Use If Your Canon Printer Goes Offline Canon is a renowned printer manufacturer that is popular for its top-graded and durable printers. But, just like any other piece of hardware, Canon…
- Connect Canon Printer to ChromebookHow to Connect a Canon Printer to a Chromebook? Gone are the days when we had to rely on limited printing options that neither had the ability to produce quality prints nor were efficient. Now,…