When we finally buy and bring a new printer home, generally the expectation is that it should work right after pulling it out of the box and plugging it in. We expect that all of the devices in our homes or office for business should be able to connect with your printer instantaneously and start working seamlessly without many endeavors.
Unfortunately, that’s not how it is. Before we begin using our printer, we need to figure out how exactly do you add a printer to your computer. With that being said, let’s walk through this procedure to add printer to your computer together, and can get your printer all ready to churn out those prints in no time.
- Generally, the length of the USB is limited, so place your printer close to the computer to easily connect both devices with a USB cable.
- Now, plug in both the devices to turn them on using their power button.
- Once that’s done, connect or add printer to your computer with the help of a USB cable.
- Now head to the “Windows Start Menu”, go to settings, and click on the second option “Devices”.
- After that, you’ll come across an option named “Add Printers or Scanners”. Click on that and it will start looking for devices available nearby.
- Once your printers appear in the list, click on that add, and click “Add Device” further.
And, there you are. You will finally be able to add your printer to the computer using a USB cable.
- Now if you have been wondering “how do I add a printer to my computer wirelessly” stick to the blog, we got you covered.
- The method of adding your wireless printer to the computer differs as per your printer’s manufacturer. There are certain network connections you come across when you connect a wireless printer to your computer. That being said, let’s jump into those steps.
- Start by making the appropriate connection as per your printer’s manufacturer, and place the printer within the range of signals.
- Connect both computer and printer with the power source and turn them on.
- Every printer comes with a user manual. So find it out, go through it carefully, and set up the connection the right way. In case you’ve lost the manual, head to the official website of the manufacturer to find the instructions.
- The next step involves using the printer screen to establish a WiFi connection. Keep in mind, both your printer and computer must be connected with the same WiFi. You can use the screen of your printer to set up the WiFi. For Bluetooth connection, there must be a Bluetooth icon presented on your printer, press that and pair your device to add printer to computer.
With that being said, this was pretty much everything you needed to know about how to add a printer to your computer. In case you’re still perplexed about how do you add a printer to your computer, feel free to get in touch with us. We at “Printer IT Help” are a one-stop-shop solution that strives to be a go-to source for people facing difficulties with their printer. We provide easy-peasy solutions for you to get rid of your problems in a matter of time with our easy-to-understand and quick solutions. Get in touch today.