A wireless printer can be connected to a laptop by using either Bluetooth, which requires the devices to be next to each other or if you have access to a wireless network or wifi. There is a simple procedure involved so that you can understand how to add a printer to laptop.
The procedure of connecting a laptop with a USB printer is different from how to add a wireless printer to laptop. Wireless printers are in great demand, and most people are buying them for their printing needs. So, let us discuss the steps of adding a wireless printer to the laptop. First, you need to connect your printer to the wifi through the steps given below.
- Switch on the wifi router and the laptop.
- Switch on the printer.
- Go to wireless setup settings, which you would see on the printer panel.
- You need to select the wireless SSID of the wifi network.
- You have to enter the wifi security password to proceed further. The password is the WEP key or the WPA passphrase displayed on the router.
- The wireless light on the printer turns on when the printer gets connected to the wifi.
Connecting printer to laptop wirelessly.
- Switch on the printer.
- You need to open the windows search box on the laptop and type ‘printer’.
- Select the ‘printers and scanners’ option to proceed further.
- In the settings window, you have to select ‘Add a printer or scanner’.
- Your printer’s name will be displayed on the screen. The model number and the company name are also displayed along with the name.
- Click on ‘Add a device’ to proceed further.
- You have to wait for a bit so that windows can install the necessary drivers and adds the printer to the laptop.
- You might get a prompt from windows to install the additional software. If you need to do so, select the ‘Get app’ option to download and install the software from the Microsoft store.
- When the setup is fully complete, the wireless printer can start printer with the laptop without being physically connected via USB or printer cable.
In case your printer’s name does not show up on the laptop then,
- Select the option ‘The printer that I want isn’t listed’ to proceed further.
- In the add a printer box, select the option ‘Add a Bluetooth, wireless or network discoverable printer’ and click next.
- Select the wireless printer option and click next.
- You can close the settings and click next.
If you still can’t figure it out and still wonder how to add a wireless printer to my laptop, then our professionals at ‘Printer IT help’ can help you set up your printer. The new technology can sometimes be overwhelming, and you might not understand how to add printer to laptop wireless.
Our experts at ‘Printer IT help’ can help you with any printer-related problem related to setting up, driver installation, or printing. So, feel free to get into touch with us, seek our assistance, and let us help you fix your problems in no time.