A Step-by-Step Guide to Add Your Canon Printer to IMAC
The thought of setting up a printer can feel intimidating at times. But, once you are able to understand the whole procedure then all of it seems easy. Whether you are learning how to add printer on iMac or lots of printers on your business network, you can do it easily by following the procedure mentioned in this blog.
Connecting wireless printer to Mac
You can connect your wireless printer by using Wifi-connected setup (WPS) or by making use of a Bluetooth connection. You can follow the steps given below depending on your preference on how to add printer to iMac.
Adding a canon printer to Mac via WPS
Connecting via WPS normally would require the press the “wireless” or “Wifi” button on your printer. Then, you have to press the WPS button on your router to continue the process.
The steps will vary depending on the printer or the router that you are using for which you have to check your printer and router’s guides for instructions specific to the device. Once you have set up the WPS, you can proceed further with the steps given below.
- Click on the Apple icon on the top left corner of Mac’s screen.
- Click on the option of “System Preferences”.
- Select the option of “Printers and Scanners” which for older Macs, is the option of “Printer and scan” under hardware.
- Click the + sign below the list of all the printers. For older Macs, you might have to click on the option of “Add printer or scanner” after you click on the + sign.
- You might also see that when you are trying to add a wireless printer, your Mac can detect the printer under Nearby printers in the “Add printer or scanner” submenu.
- Select the printer that you are trying to add, which you would see as the mac displays all the discoverable printers.
- Choose the printer’s software or driver that is suitable for your printer. It is important when you learn about how to add printer on iMAC, you must learn about the installation of software or drivers as well.
- Click on the “Add” option and you are done. The new printer will be added to the list displaying all your printers, and you’d be able to see that on the left side of the “Print and scan” option.
So, this was pretty much all you needed to know about how you can add a canon printer to your iMac. In case you’re still facing issues, then worry no more. We at “Printer It Help” have got you back. Established with an aim to help people eliminate the difficulties, we are like your single stop solution where you get answers to all your queries. We provide a wide range printing problem solutions that are sure to let you eliminate the problems in a trice so that you can have a plan-sailing experience of using your printer. Get in touch now.
Canon Printer Support Articles
- Canon Printer Showing Offline in Windows 10Why does my canon printer say offline in Windows 10? Canon printers are one of the most common printers we see in most of the educational as well as corporate…
- Connect Canon TS3122 Printer to WiFiHow to Connect Canon TS3122 Printer to Laptop or Computer using WiFi? Canon TS3122 is one of the best creations of the best Canon, which is an all-in-one multifunction inkjet…
- Connect My Canon Wireless PrinterHow Do I Connect My Canon Wireless Printer & Fix Related Issues? Canon printers are among the top mentions when someone searches for the best printers. Their unmatched durability and…
- Connect Canon Pixma Printer to Laptop using WiFiHow To Connect Canon Pixma Printer to Laptop using WiFi Not only Canon Pixma printers but connecting the printer of any company can be a pretty perplexing process, especially when…
- Connect Canon Printer to Computer, Phone or WiFiHow to Connect Canon Printer to Computer, Phone or WiFi Connecting a canon printer to a laptop is not a difficult task to accomplish. All you need to do is…