A Step-by-Step Guide to Add Your Canon or Epson Printer to IMAC
The thought of setting up a printer can feel intimidating at times, especially when you are someone who have never used printers before or are barely familiar with the devices like iMac. But, once you are able to understand the whole procedure then all of it seems easy. Though figuring out how to connect Mac to Epson printer can be quite complicated to do on your own, but when you exactly what you need to do, the process becomes way easier.
Whether you are learning how to add printer on iMac or any other printer in your office or house, you can do it easily by following the procedure mentioned in this blog. So without any more talking, let’s take a look at the steps helping you connect Mac to Epson printer.
Connecting wireless printer to Mac
You can connect your wireless printer by using Wifi-connected setup (WPS) or by making use of a Bluetooth connection. You can follow the steps given below depending on your preference on how to add printer to iMac.
Adding a canon printer to Mac via WPS
Connecting via WPS normally would require the press the “wireless” or “Wifi” button on your printer. Then, you have to press the WPS button on your router to continue the process.
The steps will vary depending on the printer or the router that you are using for which you have to check your printer and router’s guides for instructions specific to the device. Once you have set up the WPS, you can proceed further with the steps given below.
- Click on the Apple icon on the top left corner of Mac’s screen.
- Click on the option of “System Preferences”.
- Select the option of “Printers and Scanners” which for older Macs, is the option of “Printer and scan” under hardware.
- Click the + sign below the list of all the printers. For older Macs, you might have to click on the option of “Add printer or scanner” after you click on the + sign.
- You might also see that when you are trying to add a wireless printer, your Mac can detect the printer under Nearby printers in the “Add printer or scanner” submenu.
- Select the printer that you are trying to add, which you would see as the mac displays all the discoverable printers.
- Choose the printer’s software or driver that is suitable for your printer. It is important when you learn about how to add printer on iMAC, you must learn about the installation of software or drivers as well.
- Click on the “Add” option and you are done. The new printer will be added to the list displaying all your printers, and you’d be able to see that on the left side of the “Print and scan” option.
That was it. Follow the above steps carefully and you will be successfully able to setup wireless printer on Mac. In case you end up missing any of the steps mentioned above, you may come across various difficulties to setup your wireless printer on Mac.
With that being said, let’s wrap up the blog right here with the information mentioned above. This was pretty much all you needed to know about how you can add a canon printer to your iMac. In case you’re still facing issues, then worry no more, and feel free to reach out to our team of experts.
If you try to do it on your own with incomplete knowledge, you may end up escalating the problem, which is the last you want, especially when you have something urgent to printer. And that’s exactly when the role of our team of technicians come into the picture.
Why Should You Choose Us?
We at “Printer It Help” have got you back. Established with an aim to help people eliminate the difficulties, we are like your single stop solution where you get answers to all your queries. We provide a wide range printing problem solutions that are sure to let you eliminate the problems in a trice so that you can have a plan-sailing experience of using your printer.
Whether it’s “how to connect iMac to printer” lately on the web, or have been trying to connect any other printer to Windows or chromebook, we will be more than happy to help. Get in touch now and let us have this opportunity to help you out.
Canon Printer Support Articles
- How to Connect a Canon Printer to a LaptopPrinters are used in homes, offices, and schools as printing is a necessary task there. So, after buying a Canon printer or any other printer, you think about the ways…
- What to Do If Your Canon Printer Won’t Connect to the Wi-FiPrinters are very useful machines but just like every machine out there, they often cause problems. Wireless printers definitely make your printing tasks easier but connecting them to the Wi-Fi…
- Why your Canon Printer is Not Printing ProperlyCanon printers are known for their splendid print qualities and the fact that they are very durable. As printers are also technical devices, you’re most likely to face major and…
- How to Connect a Canon Printer to ComputerCanon is one of the best printer manufacturers in the world and is considered the best for photo printing. Buying a Canon printer means you’re getting a cost-effective option to…
- How to Set Up Your Canon PrinterSo, you’ve just bought a new printer and can’t seem to find the perfect way to connect it to your computer or laptop? This is a common situation faced by…