Canon is one of the best printer manufacturers in the world and is considered the best for photo printing. Buying a Canon printer means you’re getting a cost-effective option to get top-quality photo prints as these printers have a better page yield than compared to other printers. The first thing that comes to mind after buying them is “how to connect a Canon printer to a computer“. Most people try to get help online but due to the lack of information, they often feel helpless. In this article, we will give you the three best methods to connect your Canon printer to a computer effortlessly.
1. Via a USB connection
The first and the most basic method that you can use to connect your Canon printer to a computer is through a USB cable. This method is the best when you want to get prints from the computer only. This means no other devices are being used apart from the computer to give print commands. To proceed with this method, all you need to do is connect one end of the cable to the USB port of your Canon printer and the other end to the USB port of your computer. Turn on your computer and printer and check if it works or not.
2. Via Wi-Fi
If you want to connect your Canon printer to a computer wirelessly, you can connect it via your Wi-Fi. However, you have to make sure that your printer is wireless otherwise there’s no point in going with this method. If you’re able to connect your printer wirelessly, you can also give print commands from other devices like laptops, cell phones, and tablets. Just follow these steps:
- Turn on your printer.
- Go to the printer’s Control Panel and use the arrow keys to reach Menu.
- From the Menu, open the Network Settings.
- There, you’ll find “Wireless LAN”, press OK to proceed further.
- From the list of options, select “Wireless LAN settings” and open it.
- Choose the network and enter the password to establish a connection between the two devices.
3. Via a wired network
If you’re connecting your Canon printer via W-Fi, you can give print commands from different devices. You can do that via a wired connection as well but you’ll need an Ethernet Cable. Just follow these steps to connect your printer directly to the router:
- As you did with the USB cable, connect one end of the Ethernet cable to the printer and the other end to your router.
- Turn on your printer and go to the Control Panel.
- Open the Network Settings select Wired LAN, and you’re done.
If you need professional help to know how to set up a Canon printer on a computer, you can consult “Printer IT Help”. We are a team of experts that is adept at giving cost-effective solutions related to printer issues. Our solutions are permanent and to the point, so that you can focus on your work rather than printer issues.
Canon Printer Support Articles
- How to Connect a Canon Printer to a LaptopPrinters are used in homes, offices, and schools as printing is a necessary task there. So, after buying a Canon printer or any other printer, you think about the ways to connect it to your…
- What to Do If Your Canon Printer Won’t Connect to the Wi-FiPrinters are very useful machines but just like every machine out there, they often cause problems. Wireless printers definitely make your printing tasks easier but connecting them to the Wi-Fi is not an easy task….
- Why your Canon Printer is Not Printing ProperlyCanon printers are known for their splendid print qualities and the fact that they are very durable. As printers are also technical devices, you’re most likely to face major and minor issues while using them….
- How to Connect a Canon Printer to ComputerCanon is one of the best printer manufacturers in the world and is considered the best for photo printing. Buying a Canon printer means you’re getting a cost-effective option to get top-quality photo prints as…
- How to Set Up Your Canon PrinterSo, you’ve just bought a new printer and can’t seem to find the perfect way to connect it to your computer or laptop? This is a common situation faced by many printer users and most…