A step-by-step guide to printer setup
With the new technological era, the printers have become more innovative. There have been recent advancements in how printers are being made to provide you with the best quality print. Suppose you decide to bring home a new printer. You might face difficulty in setting up printers.
You can follow the steps down below to install a printer in windows 10. This will help you with printer installation in no time, with the ability to start printing as soon as you can complete the quick setup.
Install new printer
- The first step includes connecting the printer to your computer device using a USB cable and turning it on.
- You have to open the setting app by clicking on the start menu.
- Click on the Devices option, which you will find in the top menu.
- You have to click on Add a printer or scanner, which you will find at the top after clicking on Devices.
- If Windows can detect your printer, you need to click on the name of your printer and follow the instructions displayed on the screen, after which you are done.
Setting up a network printer might be an easy task, but it takes new and different steps than the ones mentioned above to install wireless printer. To setup wireless printer, you need to follow the steps given below in the exact sequence to get the printer working seamlessly.
Setting up wireless printers connection.
- The printer should be within proximity of your wireless router. Most modern printers have wifi capability, which allows you to set them up without using any computers or laptops. The printer, therefore, needs to be in the range of the wifi router so that it could connect to it.
- Suppose your printer does not have wireless capabilities. In that case, you need to power on the printer where you will be directly connecting the printer to the wifi without needing a computer.
- There is a process through which you can connect your wireless printer to the wifi network and complete the wifi printer setup. You need to know your wifi network name and password to proceed.
- Many printers allow the connection through the wireless network by using the built-in menu system. You need to refer to the printer’s documentation to find the exact location. If you are unable to find your manual, you can download a pdf copy of the same from the manufacturer’s support website.
- If your wifi printer setup and router both support the WPS push-to-connect, then you can make use of it to easily setup wifi printer. You need to push the WPS button on your printer, and then you need to press the WPS button on your router within two minutes. This will help in making an automatic connection.
- Some older printers may require wireless setup by using a computer to set up a wireless connection. This is common for printers who don’t support a built-in menu but does support wireless.
In this case, you need to connect your printer to the computer using a USB and use the included software to set up the printer’s wireless connection. After the wireless configuration is done, you can disconnect the printer from the computer and place it wherever you want.
A setup is not complete until you reinstall printer drivers. The process, again, is very easy and minimal. The driver printer windows 10 won’t require you to put in much effort on your end. The steps are mentioned below, which will help you install the driver hassle-free.
Reinstall Printer drivers windows 10
- The first step involves checking your printer manufacturer’s support site. You can find the drivers update in the drivers’ section of the website. Some of the support sites let you search by the model number of the printer you own. You need to locate and download the latest drivers for your printer model number and follow the instructions available for installation on the manufacturer’s website.
- Most of the drivers go into self-installation mode. You can double click the file to begin the installation process.
If the driver doesn’t install, then you can follow the steps mentioned below.
- Go to printers and devices when you click on devices inside the settings.
- You need to select print server properties which would be on the right, under related settings.
- Check the drivers’ tab and see if your printer is listed there. If it is, then the process ends here.
- If you cannot find your printer’s name, you need to click on Add and in the Welcome to the add printer driver wizard. You have to click next.
- In the processor selection dialogue box that you would see, select your device’s architecture and click next.
- Inside the printer driver selection box, select the printer manufacturer on the left and select printer driver on the right.
- Select next and finish. Follow the instructions again to add your driver.
If you still face any difficulty regarding the reinstallation of drivers, the printer setup or any difficulty in using the printer, seek our assistance right now. Feel free to get in touch with us and get your printer problem fixed in a trice with the help of our high skilled team of professionals.
Stop Waiting, Start Communicating.
Talk To Our Professionals Right Now & Put An End To Those Muddles.
Looking for the best solutions to connect to wireless printer? Or any kind of problem appertaining to your printer? Contact us right now; we'll be more than happy to assist.
Fill in your details. Our engineer will contact shortly.