Printers are very useful machines but just like every machine out there, they often cause problems. Wireless printers definitely make your printing tasks easier but connecting them to the Wi-Fi is not an easy task. You’ll find every second wireless printer complaining about not being able to connect their Canon printer to Wi-Fi. If you’re facing the same issue, reading this article further will prove to be very helpful to you.
With that being said, let’s take a look at the methods that can be used if your Canon printer won’t connect to the Wi-Fi.
Method 1: Use the Network Troubleshooter
Windows come with a built-in option called the “Network Troubleshooter” which helps the user to diagnose any problem related to the Wi-Fi connection and gives the best solution for it. All you need to do is open the main menu of your operating system and right-click on the network icon. As you do that, a list of options will come up, and you have to open the Network troubleshooter. From there, select Troubleshoot problems. Your system will start finding out the root cause of the problem and try to fix it.
Method 2: Check the essentials of the Wi-Fi connection
Before you connect your Canon Pixma printer to Wi-Fi, you need to make sure that all of the Wi-Fi essentials have been checked. For example, you may be trying to establish a connection between your printer and your Wi-Fi without turning on the Wi-Fi option of your printer. Some of the other essential checks include:
- Check if your Wi-Fi network is working well or not.
- Get rid of any connectivity restrictions.
- Keep an eye on the internet speed as slow internet can cause problems.
- Make sure that all Wi-Fi connections are not restricted.
- Your router shouldn’t be kept far from the wireless printer.
- Take a look at all of the wired connections.
- Make sure that the printer in use has been “Set as default”.
Method 3: Restart the entire Wi-Fi network
So, when you find out that your Canon Pixma is not connecting to the Wi-Fi, you must take things lightly and focus on the easiest solution first. One of the easiest solutions is, restarting the entire Wi-Fi connection. Just follow these steps if you need to restart the Wi-Fi connection.
- Unplug your router and your modem from the power supply.
- Wait for at least 30 seconds and plug back the cables.
- Turn on the devices and wait for them to get stable.
- After a while, reboot your system and printer.
- When everything seems fine, try connecting your printer to the Wi-Fi again.
If you cannot come up with the best solution and still searching the internet for the solutions to connect the Canon MG2522 printer to the Wi-Fi, you can consult “Printer It Help”. Holding a plethora of experience, we can fix any problem that is related to printers and their functioning. Consider us the best when it comes to finding the right driver for your printer, connecting it to the Wi-Fi, or anything else.
Canon Printer Support Articles
- How to Connect a Canon Printer to a LaptopPrinters are used in homes, offices, and schools as printing is a necessary task there. So, after buying a Canon printer or any other printer, you think about the ways to connect it to your…
- What to Do If Your Canon Printer Won’t Connect to the Wi-FiPrinters are very useful machines but just like every machine out there, they often cause problems. Wireless printers definitely make your printing tasks easier but connecting them to the Wi-Fi is not an easy task….
- Why your Canon Printer is Not Printing ProperlyCanon printers are known for their splendid print qualities and the fact that they are very durable. As printers are also technical devices, you’re most likely to face major and minor issues while using them….
- How to Connect a Canon Printer to ComputerCanon is one of the best printer manufacturers in the world and is considered the best for photo printing. Buying a Canon printer means you’re getting a cost-effective option to get top-quality photo prints as…
- How to Set Up Your Canon PrinterSo, you’ve just bought a new printer and can’t seem to find the perfect way to connect it to your computer or laptop? This is a common situation faced by many printer users and most…
- Out Prints From a Chromebook using Canon PrinterHow to Use Your Canon Printer to Take Out Prints From a Chromebook Gone are the times when you were only able to take out prints from a laptop or PC. Now, you can get…
- Effective Methods when Your Canon Printer Goes OfflineThree Effective Methods to Use If Your Canon Printer Goes Offline Canon is a renowned printer manufacturer that is popular for its top-graded and durable printers. But, just like any other piece of hardware, Canon…
- Connect Canon Printer to ChromebookHow to Connect a Canon Printer to a Chromebook? Gone are the days when we had to rely on limited printing options that neither had the ability to produce quality prints nor were efficient. Now,…