Setting up Your Canon Printer Easily
The canon printers are known for their seamless and high-quality printing. Canon has made a name for them in the printers’ market by delivering high-quality printers. To start using the printer, the first step is Canon printer setup.
Canon printer wireless setup
The printer setup can be quickly done by following a few easy steps. You can connect the printer and user’s computer through a wireless network. There is an advantage that wireless connection holds. The device can save the file, and if in case it needs to be printed, you need to select the file, and it gets printer. Follow the steps mentioned to connect the canon printer to Android or IOS.
- You need to first download the ‘Canon print app’.
- Press your printer wireless to connect button to proceed further.
- The information stored in your devices, which includes your wifi name and password, would automatically show up so that the process becomes quicker and simpler for you.
The steps are fewer while connecting your Canon printer to your mobile phone. Now, the question might arise: ‘how do I connect my canon printer to my laptop or PC’. You can make your laptop or pc connect to canon printer by following the steps below.
Preparation before starting with the installation
- Your printer should be plugged in and turned on before you begin the process.
- Check for installation program CD if your printer came with one. It is improbable for the modern printers to come with the installation program CD, but some older printers require CD installation before moving on to the setup.
- Connect your printer and your computer device to the internet. You can do this by
- Checking your printer manual for instructions on connecting your specific printer model to the internet.
- You can check out the company’s official website and click on support. Click on the manuals in the drop-down menu, where you will find the option of printers.
- Make sure your printer and the laptop to the same wifi network. Since the printer is wireless, it needs to be on the same wifi network as your computer to receive commands.
NOTE: If your printer is connected to a different wifi network, you need to change the laptop’s wifi network before proceeding further.
You are now prepared to start the setup process on how to connect canon Pixma printer to laptop. The steps written down below shows you how to connect canon printer to hp laptop.
- the First step involves opening Settings by clicking on the Windows logo in the bottom left corner.
- On the top of the Settings window, click on the devices option.
- Click on the printers and scanners option, which would be visible to you on the left-hand side.
- You need to click on the Add a printer or scanner option to proceed further, which you would find at the top of the page.
- A pop-up window would open up, showing you an option to add your printer’s name. Doing this would help your computer to connect to the printer. You can start the printer with the help of your computer once the connection process is complete.
This sums up the step on how to connect canon printer to computer. Your printer would work smoothly from here onwards. Still, the smooth ride may get disturbed for some reason, and you may see your canon printer not printing.
You may wonder what may have been why my canon printer is not printing and why my canon printer is offline. Let us discuss the cannon printer errors that you may try to fix and change the status of the ‘canon printer is offline windows 10’ to ‘online’.
- Check if there is a pattern in how the indicator lights are blinking on the printer. Look up your manual to see if there is any corresponding error code. Follow the manual if you can find any error code and try to fix it. You can continue with the further steps if you cannot find any error code of a specific kind.
- Make sure that your power cord is connected to your wall outlet in a proper manner. Your USB should be firmly be attached to your computer system.
- Sometimes, the canon printer says offline because there is any hindrance in the paper tray. There might be a piece of paper stuck in the paper tray, which you need to make sure isn’t, thereby having a quick visual inspection over the printer’s top.
- Restart your printer and try to print something new after you have restarted the printer. You can apply this trick if your computer has stopped recognizing your printer or the cannon printer showing offline.
All the points mentioned should be enough to change canon the printer is offline to online. These are the most commonly used troubleshoot ideas and works in most cases.
If you are still unable to fix the printer, click here for further assistance on Canon Printer Troubleshooting. Feel free to get in touch with our expert and let us have this opportunity to help you out through our group of professionals.
Stop Waiting, Start Communicating.
Talk To Our Professionals Right Now & Put An End To Those Muddles.
Looking for the best solutions to connect to wireless printer? Or any kind of problem appertaining to your printer? Contact us right now; we'll be more than happy to assist.
Fill in your details. Our engineer will contact shortly.