The question “why does my Epson printer keep going offline” is pretty common, and not only happens with the Epson printer, the issues can pertain to any printer brand whether you own Canon printer, HP printer, or any other brand. Printers showing offline status even after being successfully connected is a common issue experienced by almost every printer user at some point in time. These kinds of issues usually pop up if your printer is unable to communicate with your computer.
Fixing it can be a bit of a task for many users when the easiest way of switching off and back on the printer doesn’t work out. Here, what we can do is perform some quick and easy steps like troubleshooting or reinstalling the printer which may resolve the issue. If you are wondering how to get my Epson print back online, then this article would be the best fit for you as it lays down some quick step-by-step guide to get an Epson printer online.
1. Checking the connections to your Epson printer
If your Epson printer is keep on going offline, there are few things you need to check to make it work again. Let’s have a look.
The very first step that you should do is to check if the USB cable is seated at both ends firmly. Also, try replacing the cable if the error isn’t resolved yet.
If this wasn’t the solution that you were looking for, then follow the troubleshooting steps set out below.
2. Set the Epson printer to “Online” manual
To help you get rid of the issues of your Epson printer keep on going offline, it is recommended to set the printer to “online” manually. Let’s have a look.
Steps for Troubleshooting Printer Offline to get Epson printer back online.
- First of all, Click the Start icon on the bottom left of the screen.
- Next, select the Control Panel and then go to the Devices and Printers option.
- For Windows 8.1 and Windows 10, go to the Start menu then to the Settings. Go to the Devices section and click on Printers and Scanners.
- Right-click on the name of your Epson printer in the list and when a window pops up, select the Printer from the bar displayed at the top.
- At last, from the drop-down menu, select Use Printer Online.
Follow these steps and check whether or not you were able to get your Epson printer back online. In case the steps mentioned above failed to work out, then don’t worry, there is another method as well. And that is cancelling all those pending printing jobs that may be active in your printer. How to do that? Refer to the steps mentioned below.
3. Cancel all pending printing jobs
Sometimes if there are too many tasks stacked on your printer, it may appear offline all of a sudden.
- To fix this issue right-click on the name of your Epson printer in the list and select See what’s printing
- Next, right-click again and select Cancel to remove any print jobs present
- Lastly, Select Use Printer online again
If the error is not resolved till now then you can try restarting the Epson printer and computer once again and see of your printer still shows the offline status.
4. Reinstall Epson Printer
The fourth and final step in our list to help you get your Epson printer back to its online status is reinstalling your Epson printer. It’s one of the simplest and time-efficient methods that can help you put an end your problem of Epson printer keep going offline.
If all the previously mentioned steps fail to resolve your issue of your Epson printer going offline, you can try reinstalling your Epson printer by visiting the Epson website and downloading the latest printer drivers for your Epson printer model. You can also head to this like right here and read additional steps to get your Epson printer back online.
Up till here, you should be done with fixing the issue of the Epson printer visibly showing offline. Similar kinds of issues may also pertain to your printer over time but you cannot keep on excavating from one site to another. Therefore, we at “Printer IT Help” come into the picture.
There are many reasons why your Epson printer might have stopped working and the “offline error” is one of them. The reasons why your Epson printer keeps going offline include paper jam, low ink level, ink cartridge problem, power failure, low storage, and more. However, to resolve all of these issues, you do not need to call a technician. In fact, there are many methods you can use to resolve all of these issues by yourself with a little browsing.
To bring your Epson printer back online, follow these steps:
1. Restart your printer first and then open the “Settings” on your PC or laptop.
2. From there, open the “Devices and Printers”.
3. Find your Epson printer on the list and right-click on it.
4. From the list of options that appear, choose “See what’s printing”.
5. If you see a check-mark in front of the option, uncheck it, and then click on the printer again.
6. Now, uncheck the option “Pause Printing” and check if your printer is back online or not.
To get your Epson printer online, you need to try the following:
1. Check the connections – Check if there’s any cabling issue or the ethernet cable is not connected properly.
2. Bring it back online manually – Go to Start > Settings > Devices > Printers and Scanners. Right-click on your printer and choose “See what’s printing”. When you see a window, choose the “Printer” tab and click on the option “Use Printer Online”
3. Reinstall Epson Printer – From the list of options that appear from Printers and Scanners and choose Remove Device. Then reinstall the printer again.
Why Should You Choose Our Services?
No matter what kind of Epson printer you have, our extensively experienced team of experts can help you out. We help you eliminate the issue of your Epson printer keep on going offline and let you have a plain-sailing experience of using printers by fixing all your issues. Not only Epson, no matter what kind of printer brand you own, whether it is Canon, or HP, our experts can definitely help you deal with the issue. Get in touch right now.
Epson Printer Support Articles
- How to Connect an Epson Printer to WiFiPrinters are very useful devices and can be seen in almost every office and home. With the introduction of wireless printers, getting prints is now an easier task as there are no cables involved, and…
- How to Setup an Epson PrinterSo, you just bought an Epson printer, but now you’re looking forward to installing it on your PC or laptop. Printers are useful machines but need to be appropriately set up and installed; otherwise, you’ll…
- Ways through Which You Can Connect a Printer to Your ComputerWith time passing by, technology is coming up with new ways to make your life better than it was before. The same is the case with printers which are crucial devices in almost every workplace…
- Connect Canon Printer to Computer WirelesslyHow to Connect Canon Printer to Computer Wirelessly ? Computers and printers have an endless connection. Whether it’s in the corporate sector or some other, time has witnessed the fact from long ago how printers…
- Epson Printer is Not Printing BlackWhy My Epson Printer is Not Printing Black? Epson Printers are a renowned source of printers and peripherals that have made it into the market long ago and are still in demand because of their…
- How to Get Epson Printer OnlineThe question “why does my Epson printer keep going offline” is pretty common, and not only happens with the Epson printer, the issues can pertain to any printer brand whether you own Canon printer, HP…
- Connect Printer to Computer WirelesslyHow to Connect Printer to Computer Wirelessly? By successfully catering to the needs of commercial enterprises, Epson’s wide range of printers and peripherals has always been a frontrunner in avant-garde technology, guaranteeing inimitable brand value…
- Fix Your Offline Epson PrinterFix Your Offline Epson Printer: Top 2 Methods If you have been wondering “why is my Epson printer offline”, you’re not the only one. There can be manifold reasons why such issues crop up to…
- Connect Epson Printer to MacHow to Connect Your Epson Printer to Mac? So you have got an Epson printer and are wondering how to connect it with a Mac. It’s okay; you’re not the only one. People who are…
- Connect Epson Printer to Wi-FiEasy Guide to Connect Epson Printer to Wi-Fi It has been almost two decades since a renowned brand like Epson has been addressing several needs of homes, businesses, and commercial enterprises with their printers. But…